Saturday 16 November 2013

Sephora Favorites SuperStars (Beauty Must Haves) - Preview

Hello there,

After watching Glamlifeguru's video on this set, I had to put it on my wishlist. I picked it up when I went to Portland. As a Canadian, things for overpriced for not a very good reason. This set retails for $75 USD but $89 CAD.

How I convinced myself to buy this set :




  • I don't own any bronzers
  • Eye creams are really expensive (in this case the eye cream is worth 37.50 !)
  • I like liquid eyeliners and I would love to try more brands
  • BB Cream appeared to be in the right shade for my skin tone
  • Early Christmas present?


The set comes with 13 items (the too-faced product comes with 2 items) which means each item costs only $5.76. (75/13=5.76)

BEAUTY MUST HAVES - Sephora's top selling beauty essentials: From makeup to nail polish to fragance, this exclusive 12-piece beauty kit contains our must haves (including nine full-size products).

Price of the 9 Full Sized Products: ( in Canadian Prices)

Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Cleopatra in New York - 22
Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil - 18
NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita - 30
Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff - 37.50
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light - 50
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - 26
Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System - 46
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin & Mushroom - 22
VIKTOR & ROLF Flowerbomb Rollerball - 30

I actually do not have the NARS Lipstick. I have extremely dry lips and I can't wear any coloured lip products except lipbalm. I decided to give it to my friend already :)

My thoughts on the items I have actually used:

Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Cleopatra in New York
This is the first Deborah Lippmann glitter polish that I have used. It is not a combo that I would pick up. I am much more interested in Strong & 99 Luftballons type glitters.
99 Luftballons | Cleopatra in New York | Stronger 
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light
I don't have swatches for this BB Cream but it is too dark for my skin tone. I like that it contains SPF so I will be mixing it my other BB creams.

VIKTOR & ROLF Flowerbomb Rollerball
I have heard about this fragrance from many YouTubers, but I never got a chance to smell this scent. It's difficult to love a scent based on someone's description. My verdict is I prefer my Chloe and my boyfriend doesn't like it.

I may include more information once I get a chance to use these products :)

The entire set displayed at Sephora
I hope that this helped you to make your mind on this set. I am drugstore makeup user. Sephora is too expensive for me, but I couldn't pass up this deal. I forsee myself purchasing the 2014 SuperStars set.

Happy Shopping !



No comments:

Post a Comment